The version numbering scheme is changing, because we're nearing the point where TTT will ship with GMod, which seems like a good time. It will now simply increment with every version I release. There is no underlying significance to calling this "version 1", it's not any more finished or unfinished than other releases.
On with the changes:
- Changed weapons like the HUGE and MAC10 to have more spread and less recoil. Previously their inaccuracy was mostly based on recoil, which was too easy to compensate for.
- Poltergeist range increased, and recharge delay decreased.
- Teleporter reworked:
* Much faster teleporting, so you're less vulnerable.
* Much quieter, the build-up sound is only audible at very short range. The "zap" is also quieter.
* Completely reworked graphical effects to be nicer and more subtle.
* 16 charges instead of 8.
- Changed some cvar defaults to be better for new servers/players: Haste Mode now defaults on (disable with "ttt_haste 0"), and players are now auto-kickbanned for 60 minutes when getting less than 400 karma (disable with "ttt_karma_low_autokick 0").
- Added Detective-only text-based teamchat, and tuned some of the chat colouring for readability.
- Increased physics force of bullets, which had decreased as a side-effect of previous update's weapon damage fixes.
- Fixed Teleporter killing you if there was a corpse at your destination.
- Fixed kill notifications showing up for NPC deaths.
- Fixed C4 warning indicator not moving when the C4 moves.
- Fixed parented func_brush and info_target getting removed by GMod's map cleanup, as well as env_beam breaking. Might have side effects, tell me if beams on maps look weird where they didn't before.
Trouble in Terrorist Town v1