The newest release of the Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode is included in Garry's Mod. This page lists the detailed changes in every release. If for whatever reason a version is released in between GMod updates, for example to fix an urgent bug, the post will include a download.
Looking to play the game?
You do not need to manually download and install anything if you just want to play TTT. Just join a Garry's Mod server that lists "Trouble in Terrorist Town" as its game in the server browser.
Want to host a server?
Looking for an SVN?
You have a few options:
- Attribute vehicle kills (buggy driving over someone) to the driver of the vehicle.
- Mark telefrag damage as being inflicted by the teleporter weapon.
- Prevent a player's spectate mode enabling after they have just joined and are coincidentally picked as traitor (thanks Bo98)
- Prevent inconsistencies when a player enters spectate mode due to their role being unnecessarily cleared (thanks Bo98)
- Enabled lag compensation for the crowbar's secondary attack (thanks Bo98)
- Additional resetting of a player's view angles after they have possessed a prop and then spectate a player (thanks Bo98)
- Additional robustness in communicating player roles to clients (thanks Bo98)
- Ignore chat containing sentences prefixed by typical admin command characters (such as ! or @) from being stored as a player's last words (thanks DarthTealc)
Most of the following contributed fixes were already available via a GMod release I believe, just not listed in this changelog yet:
- Traitor weapons can now set "Avoidable" to true indicate that traitors who get killed by that weapon should be blamed for their own death, much like C4 (thanks YMIndustries)
- Fixed "beam down" part of teleport effect not being shown (thanks robotboy655)
- Added TTTScoreboardColumns and TTTScoreboardMenu hooks, to allow more customization of the scoreboard without hacking around in the scoreboard code (thanks MyHatStinks)
- Fixed a bug that caused players to spawn floating/invisible in certain cases
This fix was made a few days ago, on the 23rd. I'm calling it a "release" now to draw attention to it, because some servers updated to the release of the 22nd and didn't see that a fix was applied after they did so.
- Fixed player going into a broken spectator state if they were spectating a prop during the preparation phase, respawned when the round started, and subsequently died before the end of that round (thanks OzymandiasLlewellyn)
- Fixed issues with reloading while using ironsights (thanks robotboy655)
- Renamed weapon and entity files to the newer "entityname.lua" format, from the old format of "entityname/shared.lua" (thanks robotboy655)
- Added TTTCheckForWin hook, for overriding win conditions.
- Added TTTPlayerSpeed hook, for modifying the default movement speed (thanks wyozi)
- The TTTDelayRoundStartForVote hook can now return a second value in the form of the number of seconds to delay (thanks wyozi)
- Fixed scoreboard scrollbar covering the mute button (thanks MyHatStinks)
- Converted all uses of usermessages to the net library (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- Tweaked spawnpoints in CS:S rearm scripts to prevent players spawning inside geometry or locked off sections of the map (thanks BadgerCode and robotboy655)
- Removed obsolete sv_tags usage, as it has been removed from gmod (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- Fixed Lua error when C4 is disarmed because it was moved/teleported (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- Changed English language strings to use gender-neutral pronouns (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- HUD rendering code now uses standard gmod hooks HUDDrawTargetID and HUDDrawPickupHistory, for easier customization (thanks MyHatStinks)
page has been updated with the new/modified hooks.
"UsableRange" property for ttt_traitor_button entities. Mappers can use
this to specify the range at which a traitor button should be visible
- Fixed thrown knife sometimes dealing double damage when thrown from short range.
- Fixed materials not being found on Linux clients (thanks robotboy655)
- Fixed C4 timer not being shown on the model (thanks to MyHatStinks)
- Fixed player
getting an error (and therefore often an autokick) if they had a
language configured that the server does not have. This is not actually
an error because we just fall back to english.