The newest release of the Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode is included in Garry's Mod. This page lists the detailed changes in every release. If for whatever reason a version is released in between GMod updates, for example to fix an urgent bug, the post will include a download.
Looking to play the game?
You do not need to manually download and install anything if you just want to play TTT. Just join a Garry's Mod server that lists "Trouble in Terrorist Town" as its game in the server browser.
Want to host a server?
Looking for an SVN?
You have a few options:
- Fixed a bug that caused players to spawn floating/invisible in certain cases
This fix was made a few days ago, on the 23rd. I'm calling it a "release" now to draw attention to it, because some servers updated to the release of the 22nd and didn't see that a fix was applied after they did so.
- Fixed player going into a broken spectator state if they were spectating a prop during the preparation phase, respawned when the round started, and subsequently died before the end of that round (thanks OzymandiasLlewellyn)
- Fixed issues with reloading while using ironsights (thanks robotboy655)
- Renamed weapon and entity files to the newer "entityname.lua" format, from the old format of "entityname/shared.lua" (thanks robotboy655)
- Added TTTCheckForWin hook, for overriding win conditions.
- Added TTTPlayerSpeed hook, for modifying the default movement speed (thanks wyozi)
- The TTTDelayRoundStartForVote hook can now return a second value in the form of the number of seconds to delay (thanks wyozi)
- Fixed scoreboard scrollbar covering the mute button (thanks MyHatStinks)
- Converted all uses of usermessages to the net library (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- Tweaked spawnpoints in CS:S rearm scripts to prevent players spawning inside geometry or locked off sections of the map (thanks BadgerCode and robotboy655)
- Removed obsolete sv_tags usage, as it has been removed from gmod (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- Fixed Lua error when C4 is disarmed because it was moved/teleported (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- Changed English language strings to use gender-neutral pronouns (thanks HandsomeMatt)
- HUD rendering code now uses standard gmod hooks HUDDrawTargetID and HUDDrawPickupHistory, for easier customization (thanks MyHatStinks)
page has been updated with the new/modified hooks.
"UsableRange" property for ttt_traitor_button entities. Mappers can use
this to specify the range at which a traitor button should be visible
- Fixed thrown knife sometimes dealing double damage when thrown from short range.
- Fixed materials not being found on Linux clients (thanks robotboy655)
- Fixed C4 timer not being shown on the model (thanks to MyHatStinks)
- Fixed player
getting an error (and therefore often an autokick) if they had a
language configured that the server does not have. This is not actually
an error because we just fall back to english.
The reason changelogs have often been late is that gmod updates all the
time and silently, so it's never obvious when I can post the changelog.
instead, I'm now going to use the date at which I changed something as
the version, and post about that change right away. Then when gmod
updates, you can easily come here and find what changes are included in
- Added support for Exsto admin plugin in auto-bans (karma etc)
- Fixed exploit where C4 could be teleported using map-based teleporters. It is now disarmed if that occurs.
These were released a while ago:
- Fixed hands not showing when spectating in first-person
specific playermodels are colored (phoenix, guerilla, and leet). The
TTTShouldColorModel hook can be used to make other playermodels use
colors (though in practice custom models don't tend to support it).
- Fixed "replace spawn" setting in rearm script not being read correctly
- Fixes for some rare reported Lua errors in the knife and in cl_hud
- Fixed env_beam breaking when the round starts in some cases